Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Rogue's Angels Present: Blood Prophecy: Queen's Ascension by Barb Jones

 Please welcome Barb Jones author of Blood Prophecy: Queen's Ascension

Barb Jones will be awarding a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.



Blood Prophecy: Queen's Ascension

byBarb Jones

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

GENRE:   Paranormal

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INTERVIEW:


1. What or who inspired you to start writing?

Honestly, both my parents.  I loved telling stories as a small child.  Because I did, my parents told me that I should just write them down on paper and see what happens.  I started doing that in the fourth grade.  I wrote poetry at first and got published.  From there, the stories came, and I absolutely loved horror stories.  My sister did not.  In fact, I would scare her with those at bedtime.
2. How did you come up with your idea for your novel?

Queen’s Destiny started from a dream.  I have a vivid imagination that at times, I practically feel like I have insomnia because of my thoughts.  As I started writing, I knew this would be more than one book.
3. What would you want your readers to know about you that might not be in your bio?

I’ve been working on my Family Tree for a few years now and I found it to be an interesting hobby.  It also gives me a piece of legacy to leave my kids that’s not your typical property, money, etc.  This is knowing where you came from.  But seriously, in doing this family tree, I have learned that I am Royal Hawaiian on my father’s side. I knew that I was part Hawaiian/Filipino but never realized how much Hawaiian until I started.  My paternal grandmother married a Filipino but until that marriage, the line was pure, Native Hawaiian.  Something never known before because I didn’t study the family tree until a few years ago.  It’s a lot of research and I love research.  We have a rather large family.  In fact, my third great grandfather, Kupa’aike’e Kahuluhulu had about 16 children that I found records for, so far.  I just find it interesting.  
4. As far as your writing goes, what are your future plans?

I thought the series would end with Queen’s Ascension but after reading my fans’ emails, reviews and how much they wanted more, I decided to continue the series.  I am also exploring the idea of a new Series, that is not paranormal, but more on the historical fiction.  But I need to take a few research trips first.
5. If you could be one of the characters from this book, who would it be and why?

If I could be one of these characters, it would probably be Kabos.  He’s more of a background character but the fact that he knows more than what he lets on is fascinating to me.  He’s a vampire with a conscience but he believes in upholding the prophecy.

6. Can you give us a sneak peek into this book?

Here’s one of my favorite excerpts from the book involving Alexander the Great.  I wanted to share something that will relate to the main characters in Queen’s Ascension, without giving too much away!

At thirteen years of age, Alexander sat leaning across his stone desk. He admired the display of the vast land in front of him. The hills were green and luscious, surrounded by the sparkling blue water that Macedonia offered. 

His thoughts of running through the fields with Bucephalus, his trusty steed, were interrupted by the slamming of a wooden stick on his desk. He looked up and saw a bearded old man with an aura of intelligence standing in front of him, his brows furrowed. 

Alexander sat up straighter and pushed the stick away from his desk, in clear defiance of his teacher. He quirked a brow and snickered. “I have one question: is that treatment deserving to the next in line to the throne? Is it, Aristotle?” 

“Were the future king to pay attention and comport himself in a polite manner, then the treatment would be reciprocal.” 

Alexander glared at him as he turned his back and continued to look through his material for today’s class. 

“Now, today’s lesson regards syllogism.” 

Alexander raised a brow as if to say, “Meaning?” 

Aristotle took a seat in front of him and continued. “All men are mortal. All Greeks are men. Therefore, all Greeks are mortal.” 

This notion got Alexander thinking. He sat back in his seat, somewhat perplexed and somewhat in awe as if he were on the cusp of discovering something new. 

He thought to himself, What if all men weren’t mortal?
7. Do you belong to a critique group? If so how does this help or hinder your writing?

I don’t belong to a specific critique group. In fact, I use a special team involving my readers to join. I open up a Reading Team that gets to read the unedited version (sometimes while I am writing still or during editing) because I want to know what they think.  This group is free to share their likes, dislikes, ideas with me and I’ve been known to explore their ideas even.  I find that this helps me in my writing because I like to hear what my readers have to say. In fact, I just met with one of them recently and we discussed how much she likes the series and is anxiously waiting for me.  She even got her daughter to read the series.
8. Do you outline your books or just start writing?

I tried to outline my books and found that I can’t do it.  I just can’t stick to it because honestly, anytime I have a thought about Blood Prophecy, I make a note of it.  I have sticky notes all over the place, notes in my phone, you name it.  I really just have to start writing and see where it takes me.  In fact, sometimes the delay in the books is because I didn’t like the way something turned out and I have to rewrite it. I did that with the ending in Queen’s Ascension. I rewrote it six times till it was perfect for the characters (and for me).
9. Who is your favorite character in the book? Can you tell us why?

Honestly, I would probably say Zaraquel.  At first, it was Amber but as I created Zaraquel in Queen’s Enemy and now with her role identified in Queen’s Ascension, I just feel like I can relate to her more.  She is an Avenging Angel, so to speak.  A means for Justice.  And that’s part of who I am.  I speak up for the innocent children and the elderly when they need something or be their voice, especially in nursing homes, neglected children and more.
10. Anything else you might want to add?

It was recently announced, but I created a unique contest for my newsletter subscribers.  In fact, they can enter to win a chance to work with me on the next book.  I want to create several characters for the next book that would mean something special to the readers.  This was part of the announcement I made during the release – which is the series is NOT ending.  In fact, Book Four: The Rise of the Hunter has already begun!  




 

BLURB:

 

When the darkness was compelling and the heart knew no bounds, was there really a right choice? With Michael's life hanging in the balance, Amber had a choice: save her star-fated love or keep on the crusade to unite the magical community. For Amber, her fate was sealed even before her birth and it was her destiny to fight the great battle ahead of her. But, when it came to her heart — her friends, her great love — Amber's torn. Not only was she the Queen, but she was a human in every sense of the word. She was vulnerable. And so the very people — Chloe and Michael — that gave her strength, quickly became her weakness. It wasn't her fault she loved too much, was it?

Nevertheless, the Tall Dark Man had set a plan in motion that could threaten the very existence of the Blood Prophecy. Would he gather his dark forces and succeed in destroying Amber once and for all? Or, would she assemble her powerful friends and save the world?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EXCERPT:

 

Malakai, Seattle, Present Day 

 

With the betterment of both Michael and Rae, Malakai was glad that they were well and fine; nevertheless, he needed some time to decompress. All the magical commotions that had occurred were too overwhelming for him. He needed some sort of release. 

 

He enjoyed the brisk jog in the park, as he cut through the sharp wind of the cold night. But this did nothing to lift his spirits. He was happy that Amber’s smile finally met her eyes. That was all he’d ever wanted for her: happiness, that’s it. There was nothing more he could ask for—she was his priority. Yet, in the back of his mind, as in his heart, he couldn’t help but believe the ancient legend that he’d heard so long ago was the certifiable truth, as it was written in Eschmun’s scroll. 

 

…her fate is tied to the true alpha of the wolves. A blood drinker will stand formidable, but it is the nature of the child to call upon the true alpha and bring him to the queen’s inner heart.

 

Could this be the truth? he often wondered as he traveled the world collecting artifacts and evidence supporting this notion. Yes, he’d crafted a reliquary, quite accidentally, and people assumed it was to keep the magic insulated, away from the humans. But that wasn’t the case, at least not for him.  He so wanted to believe, just from the sheer fact that it was said in the scroll. But Malakai was a man of logic, driven by cold hard data. Although wanting to romanticize that his destiny was tied with Amber’s, he needed confirmation. He wanted validation for the strong emotions he was feeling.

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

 

I was born in Hawaii, a place rich with culture and storytellers. As a little girl, scary tales about vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, and witches were my favorite kind — much to my mother's dismay. 

The scarier, the better. 

My love for the supernatural never went away, even after moving to Seattle, far from Hawaii's majestic beaches with unusual colors. Nothing compares to the landscapes of Maui, Lanai, or Oahu. But somehow, Seattle stole my heart anyway. It became the place where my love for stories took on a new form, in a book of my own: The Adventures of Little Arthur and Merlin the Magnificent. This book is for kids who love stories, just like I did. 

Then I had an idea while sleeping.  

One night, my mind began to work overtime. In a dream, I saw a unique storyline involving all the races and an epic battle of good versus evil. It was a modern day plot with a three thousand year old prophecy, The Blood Prophecy. I finished the first book in 2014, The Queen's Destiny. Two years later, I released The Queen's Enemy. The last book in the series, The Queen's Ascension, released on August 17, 2020.

Today, I live in Florida with its beaches and sunshine. But I'm still a Seattle girl at heart. And so all my stories take place in the Northwest. 

I always keep to my roots when I write.

 

Website: https://www.thebloodprophecy.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BloodProphecyBooks/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Blood_Prophecy1

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thebloodprophecy/

 

Amazon Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/Queens-Ascension-Prophecy-Barb-Jones-ebook/dp/B08DKK66PM

Barnes and Noble Buy Link: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/queens-ascension-barb-jones/1137386713?ean=2940162985693

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

GIVEAWAY INFORMATION and RAFFLECOPTER CODE:

 

Barb Jones will be awarding a $15 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.

"http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/28e4345f3482


 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me here today! I’m excited to share this with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Welcome! Reach out to me if you want to get started on the series.

      Delete
  3. The cover looks so amazing, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Steven J. Catizone is an amazing artist and does all my covers.

      Delete
  4. Your book sounds like a great read and thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might enjoy it! Reach out to me if you want to get started on the series.

      Delete