Book #1 of the
Aunt Maddie's Castle Series
by Genie Gabriel
a romantic comedy novella
rated PG-13
Spring is here! In spite of the sometimes chilly rain that still falls here in the Northwest, I'm focusing on daffodils blooming, trees leafing out, and the potatoes I planted last fall pushing new leaves through the soil.
And this weekend I want to focus on fun! That means featuring excerpts from my Aunt Maddie's Castle series of romantic comedies.
Today I'm sharing an excerpt from Chasing Rainbows, the first book in this series.
***
Ka-boom! The blast shattered the settling peace of dusk as Marissa Madison pulled into the circular drive. Rissa threw open the car door and sprinted toward the gray stone house.
"Please, no blood this time," she whispered as her feet hit the rough-hewn steps leading up to the broad double doors.
A bespectacled man stepped through the doorway amid a confetti shower of envelopes and leaflets. His silvery hair stood in startled spikes around a balding pate as if it too had been a victim of the explosion.
"Too much torque in the mail conveyor," he muttered with a frown.
"Please turn it off, Uncle Horace!"
"Right." The old man disappeared back into the house. Within moments, the clanking stopped and silence fell over the rolling hills once again.
Just another normal day, Rissa thought, as she surveyed the day's mail scattered in gay abandon across the landscape.
***
-Genie Gabriel

No comments:
Post a Comment