Please welcome A. Gavazzoni author of Sketches of Life
Sketches of Life
by A. Gavazzoni
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GENRE: Action-mystery-historical
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTERVIEW:
1. What or who inspired you to start writing?
I receive inspiration from many different sources—from my clients…I´ve been a lawyer for thirty years. From friends and other people I’ve met, who are either real-life “characters” or whose stories sparked an idea in my head… I’ve also received inspiration from a charity that works with abused children. I used to volunteer there and had an opportunity to interact with the kids living there. Those children were the inspiration for my character Lara.
I love to observe people, how they behave and how they lead their lives, and for me, human beings are a great source of inspiration.
2. What elements are necessary components for this genre?
My novels usually don’t have a clear genre; they are a mix of genres, composed of drama, mystery, suspense, a touch of erotica, and a bit of romance. When I write, I need to add what’s necessary to tell a good story and not worry about the genre or its components. I just let my heart do the talking.
3. How did you come up with your idea for your novel?
Sketches of Lifeis the story of the grandmother of one of my main characters in my trilogy Hidden Motives. When I created Emma, I knew I had to write about her life because she was the perfect grandmother, and it is clear she has a mysterious past. I simply needed to tell about her life.
4. What expertise did you bring to your writing?
I’m a lawyer, and I’ve worked with a lot of people and heard their life stories. I’ve learned during thirty years of being an attorney that people can be motivated to act in certain ways because of their personal dramas, and I wanted to write about the human soul and human nature struggling to be normal in a world that’s less than normal.
5. What would you want your readers to know about you that might not be in your bio?
I’m a very friendly person; I love to have friends over to my house and to cook for them. I love a good laugh, and I try to live life the best I can. I don’t plan too much. I try to stick to a healthy diet by eating well and exercising almost every day during the week. Since I love wine, I treat myself to a few glasses on the weekends. To share a bottle with friends and to gather them around a table for a nice meal makes me very happy.
I’m also a traveler. I love to travel, to explore foreign countries, so whenever I can, I pack and go abroad for a while. New cultures, different foods, colors, beautiful architecture, museums, and foreign lifestyles are the spices of my life.
6. As far as your writing goes, what are your future plans?
I’m writing the sequel to Sketches of Lifeand a new novel inspired in life in Brazil. I would love to turn my novels into screenplays and make them into movies.
7. If you could be one of the characters from this book, who would it be and why?
Emma. She made her own way despite all the difficulties she encountered, and she is strong, determined, and independent. I really love her.
8. Can you give us a sneak peek into this book?
Prepare to dive into a world in turmoil that brings new challenges every day and makes you feel like you are walking on quicksand all the time…
9. Do you belong to a critique group? If so how does this help or hinder your writing?
No, I don’t. I prefer to belong to support groups filled with people who encourage me to grow.
10. When did you first decide to submit your work? Please tell us what or who encouraged you to take this big step?
I have a friend, he is the Brazilian ambassador Pedro Bretas, and I sent him my first novel to read and give me an opinion. He is a very cultivated man, an ambassador for the Portuguese-language speaking nations, and after he read it he started to pester me to publish. Every time we talked, he’d ask, “Have you published? When are you going to publish?” Because of him, I took the leap.
11. What is the best and worst advice you ever received? (regarding writing or publishing)
Best advice came from my editor Jill Noble-Shearer. When my first book was published, she told me I should never react to bad reviews, and most of all, never write an angry answer because everything you write on the internet will be there forever. I took that to heart and have even applied that advice to my personal life.
The worst advice I’ve ever received was if a publisher with a less-than-great online reputation invites you to publish, don’t worry about what others have said about them. I went ahead and signed with a publisher like this, and I ended up having to hire a lawyer to defend my rights.
12. Do you outline your books or just start writing?
I have a main idea, and I make some notes, but basically, I start writing and let the characters tell me their stories. Sounds crazy but it’s how it works in my mind.
13. How do you maintain your creativity?
I have attention deficit, and I have a very imaginative mind and multiple interests in life. I’m a curious person; I love to learn different things and try different hobbies. Reading is one of my main passions. Ever since I was a child, I loved to open a book and dive into a world of dreams and magic. I’m addicted to movies, and I think the combination of being imaginative and my curiosity for life is what keeps me create.
14. Who is your favorite character in the book. Can you tell us why?
I love them all, even those I hate. Emma, as I said before, is my favorite, but I also love Milan because he’s wise. Emma’s father is a great guy; he reminds me of my own father who is a fantastic person.
15. Are your plotting bunnies, angels, or demons?
Usually angels and demons, as I can write about good and evil equally well.
16. Anything else you might want to add?
When writing, you have to find the ideas in your heart, and then let your mind fine tune everything. Don’t worry about what will please or displease a reader; focus on what you like, and you will tell a great story.
BLURB:
In the middle of WWII, France has surrendered to Germany, and young Lily, half French and half American, has her life turned upside down. A careless girl full of dreams, Lily must leave France and go to her father’s homeland, taking her mother with her. Lily’s mother becomes completely dependent upon her teenage daughter, and Lily is forced to grow up quickly. Trying her best to support them both, balancing work and dreams of continuing her studies, Lily meets her first love and discovers passion and betrayal on her way. Ninon is a survivor. Alone in the world, she works as an exotic dancer in a French cabaret called Le Passioné, where she moves her hips to put food on her plate until a new and dangerous opportunity is presented to her. Although Ninon has lost faith in love and God, life will show her surprises can be found around every corner. France, the United States, Spain, Austria, and Argentina present the backdrops for an epic tale of people trying to adapt to a world in turmoil—one that’s filled with secrets and surprises.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EXCERPTe:
“I have a job proposition for you, one I think you may find interesting. After I tell you about that, if you are interested, I’ll tell how I know all about your life.”
“Job proposition?”
“I’m part of a group of people who track down criminals. We capture them and take them to meet Lady Justice. There are plenty of bad guys out there, and we need help finding them. We need agents.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
A. Gavazzoni is a Brazilian writer, a former professor of law and has been a practicing lawyer for 28 years. Her first series of self-published novels, Hidden Motives: Behind the Door, Lara´s Journal and The Brilliant Game, won several writing contests, gathered five gold medals, one bronze medal, five honorable mentions and was finalist of many great contests (B.R.A.G medallion (Gold Medal); Book Excellence Awards (Two Gold medals); e-lite awards (Gold medal), Golden Book Award (Gold Medal); IPPY AWARDS (Bronze Medal), Readers Favorite (three honorable mentions); Paris Book Festival (Three honorable mentions); Eric Hoffer Book Award (Finalist); American Fiction Awards (Finalist); Indie Excellence Awards (Finalist); Independent Author Network (Finalist); Indie Excellence (Finalist); The IAN book of the year awards (Finalist); The Kindle-book award (semi-finalist).
Adriana speaks Portuguese (her native language), English, French and Spanish and she loves to travel. Adriana loves to cook for her friends, to dance the tango, to work out, she is a voracious reader and a proud dog's mom of two girls, Juno and Charlotte.
Book video: https://youtu.be/nG4e1ARxqR8
The book will be $0.99.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GIVEAWAY INFORMATION and RAFFLECOPTER CODE:
A. Gavazzoni will be awarding $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.


Thanks for hosting!
ReplyDeleteDo you have any ideas for your next book?
ReplyDeleteHello! Thanks so much for sharing your book with us. Always fun reading about another book to enjoy.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Angel's blog. I hope you have a great tour. Allana Angel
ReplyDeleteSounds great! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGreat giveaway and excerpt. :)
ReplyDeleteThis sounds really good.
ReplyDelete